Eleanor Zambrano, MSW, LICSW
- EMAIL [email protected]
Eleanor “Ellie” Zambrano, MSW, LICSW, is a social work leader with more than 20 years of health care and nonprofit experience. As Executive Director, Zambrano has led improvements in the Center’s internal processes and infrastructure while developing a diverse and engaged board. She has lead partnership development and built strong faculty affiliations across disciplines and schools at Boston University. She has also established strong external partnerships and led a number of successful events, professional development opportunities for the growing constituency at the Center.
Bicultural and bilingual (English/Spanish), Zambrano earned a master’s degree in social work from Columbia University. Her experience in consulting and building health care integration programs includes supporting and launching transdisciplinary complex care teams and has been a leader in prioritizing health equity, social justice, and anti-racism within human service organizations.
Ecuadorian American, Zambrano previously lived in South America where she taught English to high school students. She continues to treat couples and families in private practice in Salem, Mass. She is actively involved in the Swampscott, MA community, where she serves on the Affordable Housing Trust Committee.
- Taking Action: Social Work and Civic Health
- Social Work Leadership in Health: A Q&A with Ellie Zambrano
- New Grant for CISWH Executive Director and BU Colleagues Supports Linguistic Interpreters Working with Trauma Patient
- Elevating Social Work in Health in Nicaragua
- Social Work Today: Health Care Social Workers Can Help Patients by Registering Them to Vote
- 2/17: Disability, Race, and Gender: Reproductive Health Solutions